Meet Mrs. McElroy
Hi! Cathy McElroy here!
I have been a teacher in Mulvane since 1986, serving in a variety of positions. Currently I am the district gifted facilitator and I also teach an Introduction to Spanish class to 8th grade at the Middle School. I am a graduate of Southwestern College in Winfield and have a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Wichita State University. I also am licensed to teach Spanish and Gifted students. Basically what this means is that I am in every building of the district at some time. I love getting out to know the students and teachers in all the buildings. Because I begin and end my day at the Middle School, that is the best place to leave a phone message should you need to do that.
I do have several assigned class sessions and for those sessions I have the same expectations of the students. They are as follows:
1. Students should bring all needed materials to class and be ready to go without returning to their locker.
2. Students should be in their seats and ready to begin class when the bell rings.
3. Students should show respectful behaviors to each other so that everyone has the best opportunity to learn within the class.
4. Students should show respectful behaviors to me so that I can provide everyone with the best opportunity to learn in each class.
5. Students will listen to the announcements at the end of the day without talking.
6. Students will wait for me to dismiss them rather than the bell and will acknowledge me with a fist bump or high five on their way out at the end of the classroom.
I look forward to working with and getting to know your students this year! Please feel free to call or e-mail me if you have any questions or concerns.