8th Grade Weight Lifting
7th Fitness Concecpts
6th Grade Health
8th grade boys and girls weights is a semester class.
Schedule for every week is as follows.
We do six core lifts throughout the week.
1. Towel Bench - Monday
2.Box Squat - Monday
3. Incline Bench - Tuesday
4. Power Cleans - Tuesday
5. Bench Press - Thursday
6. Parallel Squat - Thursday
I also incorporate many other auxiliary lifts that we do throughout the week as well.
Wednesday and Fridays are conditioning and plyometric / agility days.
7th grade Fitness Concepts is a semester class.
See schedule and class information below
This class is designed to prepare students for the varied forms of physical activity outside of school and towards lifelong participation. It will provide a diverse range of activities and give students the opportunity to be creative. Activities will include but not be limited to yoga, aerobics, nutrition and exercise, jump roping, dance, and walking/jogging.
* To encourage physical activity
* To learn and understand the four areas of Physical Fitness
* To promote self understanding and acceptance
* To increase student’s library of lifelong skills
* To emphasize safety practices
* We will also mix in some Body Composition information at the beginning and end of the semester.
6th Grade Health classes rotate every 9 weeks.
Contents - approximately 9 weeks
Systems of the Body
Personal Health and Hygiene
Tobacco and Alcohol Abuse
Sex education section divided into separate sessions, boys one day girls the next.