Laptop Acceptable Use Policies and Guidelines
School Board Approved on May 14, 2018
The focus of the technology program for Mulvane USD 263 is to provide tools and resources to the 21st Century Learner. Excellence in education requires that technology is seamlessly integrated throughout the educational program. Increasing access to technology is essential for that future and one of the learning tools of the 21st century is the laptop computer.
The Technology Acceptable Use Policies of Mulvane USD 263 and the signed Staff Network/Internet Use Agreement apply to the laptop. All staff must adhere to Technology Acceptable Use Policies found on the district website: www.usd263.com.
Laptop computers are issued to staff/teachers, but they remain property of Mulvane USD 263. It is the staff member/teacher’s responsibility to care for and use good judgment when using the laptop computer.
Mulvane USD 263 is pleased to integrate laptop computers and the vast range of possibilities available to our district. All staff members/teachers are required to adhere to the following Technology Acceptable Use Policies that are specific to the laptop computer.
- The laptop computer is assigned to the teacher for the duration of his/her employment by Mulvane USD 263 or until it is removed from district inventory. The laptop computer must be surrendered to Mulvane USD 263 in appropriate working condition immediately upon termination of employment or at the request of the district Technology Director or designee.
- No application or other software will be installed on a district laptop computer without authorization of the district Technology Director or designee.
- The laptop computer is an instructional device. Selected applications that are installed on any district laptop computer must align with Mulvane USD 263’s educational purpose.
- The laptop computer may be taken home by the staff member/teacher.
- The laptop computer is sensitive to moisture and extreme heat. It must not be left in a car or location where it will be damaged and must be kept dry and away from sources of water such as sinks, bathtubs and pools.
- Every effort will be made to prolong the condition of the laptop computer. For example, do not constantly charge a device to extend its battery life.
- Laptop computers may be selected at random for inspection to confirm compliance to all Technology Acceptable Use Policies and Guidelines.
- The staff member/teacher listed below understands that if she/he is found to be the cause of deliberate damage or loss of the laptop computer she/he will be responsible for repair/replacement cost not to exceed an amount of $1,200.00.
Staff User Agreement:
I hereby agree to comply with the statements and expectations outlined in this document and to honor all relevant laws and restrictions.
Serial number and model number of the laptop I am now responsible for and in possession of:
Serial #: ______________________________ Model #: ______________________________
Staff Signature __________________________________________ Date ________________________
Staff member name: (PLEASE PRINT) ____________________________________________________
Assigned building/school: ______________________________________________________________