Mulvane Grade School
Welcome to FOURTH GRADE!!!! I am very excited to have your child in my class this year!!!!
---What lies before us and what lies in front of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson ---
I grew up in the small town of Sutton, Nebraska and graduated from University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a BS in Elementary Education and Special Education. I graduated from the University of Wyoming with a MA in Special Education in August 2015. I married my high school sweetheart in September of 2014. We currently live in Wichita where my husband is an Assistant Golf Professional at Wichita Country Club. We do not have any kids but we have a dog named Zoie, who is a Yorkie.
This is my fifth year teaching, and second year at Mulvane. The first three years I spent teaching consist of one year as a special education teacher and two years as a fourth grade teacher at Mountain View Elementary in Mountain View, WY.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Phone: 316-777-1981 ext. 2306
3. Weekly Newsletters: These will be emailed unless you indicate that you need a paper copy.
4. Agendas: Please read your student's agenda books each day for important information.
5. Facebook Group: Please request to join our Facebook group – Mrs. Wiebe’s 4th Grade 2016-2017. This is a closed group and everything is kept private. Any member may add another person to the group, but I must approve them before they can officially join and are able to see anything.
6. Report Cards: Will be sent home quarterly.
7. Conferences: Conferences will be held in the Fall and Spring
Please feel free to contact me at any time!!!
I will be teaching Math and Science this year! I could not be more excited to teach those two subjects. I love experiments and hands on learning so this year will be fun. We have lots to learn so we stay very busy!
Our Math curriculum is Go Math. Each night students will be brining home the math pages we worked on in class. Sometimes the pages will be all completed and sometimes they will not. The pages they bring home are NOT homework, they are just to let you know what we are working on. Homework will be sent out every Tuesday night and is due back by Friday. Please remember to practice multiplication flash cards.
Science will be done in class as I love to do hands on experiments. There will be no homework for science except the ocassional study guide to study over for a test.
Lion's Quest is a social building curriculm that will also be done in class, so no homework. We will be working on different social situations as well as team building activities.
-----Be not afraid of greatness, some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them!!! -----