Mulvane USD 263 Website Policy
School Board Approved on May 14, 2018
The goal of the Mulvane USD 263 website is to project a positive image by sharing information and successes about our district, showcasing student work, and to facilitate instruction and learning. The site will serve as a communication tool with students, parents, and community. All aspects of the Mulvane USD 263 website must adhere to the Technology Acceptable Use Policies found on the district website: www.usd263.com.
Staff/Teacher Pages – Classroom Showcase
All staff should remember when showcasing their classroom that simplicity in the article is always better than complexity. The security of the student and the rights of ownership of the student’s work must be maintained at all times.
- Ensure all articles contain no text, image, or sound that is profane, obscene, degrading, or offensive to others.
- Ensure all articles do not include student personal information such as emails, addresses, or telephone numbers.
- Do not publish student names with pictures – names should be contained within the text of the article only.
- You may use first names only within the text of an article.
- Ensure each article has an author or point of contact.
- Ensure that no external links are listed in the text of the article. All external links are to be listed at the bottom of the article in the Related Sites area, and the external links will open in an additional browser and a disclaimer must state that Mulvane USD 263 does not endorse the external links.
- Do not request feedback or response from articles published.
- Text should be concise, using neutral rather than subjective, boastful, or exaggerated language.
- Text should use appropriate language, conventions, spelling, paragraphing, and grammar.
- Text should use appropriate backgrounds and font colors that complement the background.
- Text should use readable and comfortable fonts.
- All text should be visually appealing and inviting.
- Upper and lower case characters should strengthen the article.
- Do not use the address, telephone number, or email addresses of students or personal information pertaining to staff or other adults.
- Do not use links within the text of the article – they must be listed in the Related Sites area as addressed above.
- Pictures and graphics are functional, appropriate, and relevant.
- Do not publish student names with pictures.
- Do not publish a district employee, parent/guardian, and/or student’s photo, student work, student project, and/or student achievement prior to reviewing the “DO NOT PUBLISH” list appropriate and relevant to the individuals involved.
Required content individual staff/teacher pages
- Staff pages will be accessed from the teacher pages directory for each school, which will contain the teacher name, grade taught or subject taught and appropriate email address.
- Top portion of page may contain the following appropriate content:
- Staff’s Education
- Class Taught/Grade
- Activities Sponsored (if any)
- School Related Committee/Memberships
- Curriculum related or activity events that are current
- All time-sensitive information will be kept current and up to date.
- Any related site must be curriculum/school activity related and not a personal information site.
- Copyright material cannot be used without obtaining prior permission from the author.
- Students should be informed that their work will be published on the website.