Student/Parent Network Agreement
School Board Approved on May 14, 2018
To use Mulvane USD 263 networked resources and the computer system, all parents and students must sign and return this form. All parents and students must adhere to the Technology Acceptable Use Policies found on the district website:
The activities listed below are not permitted:
- Sending or displaying offensive messages or pictures
- Using obscene language
- Giving personal information, such as complete name, phone number, address or identifiable photo, without permission from the district Technology Director, Principal, teacher, and parent/guardian
- Harassing, insulting, or attacking others
- Damaging or modifying computers or other hardware, computer systems, or computer networks
- Violating copyright laws
- Using others’ passwords
- Trespassing in others’ folders, work, or files
- Intentionally wasting limited resources
- Employing the network for commercial purposes, financial gain, or fraud
Violation may result in a loss of access as well as other disciplinary or legal action.
Student User Agreement:
As a user of the Mulvane USD 263 computer network, I hereby agree to comply with the statements and expectations outlined in this document and to honor all relevant laws and restrictions.
- I agree to use the Computer/Hardware/Internet/Network resources responsibly.
- I grant permission to have my materials published to the Internet.
- I grant permission to have my photo published to the Internet.
Student Signature _____________________________ Date _________________
All students are provided with access to the Mulvane USD 263 computer network and computer systems. In addition to accessing the Mulvane USD 263 computer network, as the parent or legal guardian, I grant permission for the above named student to . . .
- Access the Internet.
- Have his/her materials published to the Internet.
- Have his/her photo published to the Internet.
These permissions are granted for an indefinite period of time, unless otherwise requested. I understand that individuals and families may be held liable for violations. I understand that some materials on the Internet may be objectionable; however, I accept responsibility for guidance of Internet use—setting and conveying standards for my son or daughter to follow when selecting, sharing, or exploring information and media.
The district’s permission to publish a district employee, parent, and/or student’s photo, student work, student project, and/or student achievement may be revoked by submitting a specific request in writing. This request should be turned in to the appropriate district or school’s main office.
Parent/Guardian Signature _____________________________ Date ___________________________
Student name: (PLEASE PRINT) ________________________ Current Grade Level: _______________